Google+

Saturday 6 December 2014

Transcription of will - John Rondeau 14 June 1740

TNA – PROB 11 (Prerogative Court of Canterbury and related Probate Jurisdictions: Will Registers)/703 (Browne Quire Numbers: 161 - 202) Img. Ref. 239/232
Transcription of probate of Will of John Rondeau, Weaver of Spitalfields, Middlesex 14 June 1740

          

John Rondeau
In the Name of God Amen
I John Rondeau of the parish of Spittlefields in the County of Middlesex Weaver being in perfect health of body and of sound and disposing mind and memory praise be almighty God for the same But considering the certainty of death and the uncertainty of the time thereof I therefore make and declare this my last Will and Testament in manner and fform following viz [i]. ffirst and principally my soul I recommend into the hands of almighty God my creator hoping and assuredly believing through the merits death and passion of my dear Saviour and Redeemer Christ Jesus to inherit life eternal My body I commit to the earth from where it came in hopes of a joyful resurrection and to be decently interred at the discretion of my executors hereinafter named and as touching and concerning all such temporal estate wherewith it hath pleased almighty God to bless me I give and dispose thereof as followeth Imprimis [ii]my mind and will is that all such just debts as I shall owe at the time of my decease together with my ffunerall charges and the expenses of [prosoin] of this my will be in the first place fully paid and satisfied

Item I give and bequeath to my son Abraham Rondeau one Guineain Gold for a ring
Item I give and bequeath to my son Isaac Rondeau one Guinea in Gold for a ring and to my son Jacob Rondeau one Guineain Gold for a ring
Item I give and bequeath to my son John Rondeau the sum of two hundred pounds to be paid him within twelve months next after my decease
Item I give and bequeath to my daughter Mary Ann the wife of Isaac De la Neufoe Marson [iii]one guinea for a ring
Item I give and bequeath unto my daughters Louisa Rondeau and Margaret Rondeau to each of them the sum of two hundred pounds to be paid them respectively within twelve months next after my decease
Item I give and bequeath unto my daughters Susan Rondeau and Jane Rondeau the sum of two hundred pounds a piece to be paid them respectively within twelve months next after my decease in case they shall at that time be arrived at the age of Twenty one years respectively otherwise within twelve months next after they shall severally attain the said age and
my mind and will is that if any or either of my said children shall happen to dye before the respective legacies by me devised [iv] shall be to them payable then I do direct and appoint that such legacy or sum of money to him or her or them devised so dying shall be divided distributed and shared in manner and and fforth following viz One Moyety [v] to my dear and loving wife Jane Martha Rondeau if she shall be then living and the other Moyety amongst all my children as shall be then living equally share and share alike and in case my said wife shall not be then living then the whole to be divided amongst my said children in manner aforesaid
Item I give devise and bequeath unto my said dear and loving wife Jane Martha Rondeau for and during the term of her natural life all that my messuage [vi]or tenement situated or standing and being in Wood Street in Spittlefields aforesaid wherein I now dwell and which I hold by lease of Thomas Mitchell & Mitchell Wood Esquires and from and immediately after her decease I give devise and bequeath the same for all the rest residue and remainder [vii]of my time and term therein then to come and unexpired to Henry Guinand of London Merchant  and Peter De la Neufoe Marson of Steward Street in the Old Artillery Ground Weaver two of my executors herein after named and to the survivor of them his Executors or administrators In Trust that they shall apply the Rents, Issues and profits [viii]thereof for and towards the Educating maintaining and bringing up of such of my Children as shall be living at the time of my said wifes decease which shall be under the age of Twenty one years and unmarried and from and after all of them have attained that age Then in Trust to pay and deliver over the same to such of my Children as shall be then living equally share and share alike and I do hereby direct and appoint that my said Wife shall have the management and bringing up of my said Children
Item all the rest residue and remainder of my Estate and Efforts Goods Chattells rights and Credits which I shall be Interested in or intituled [ix]unto at the time of my decease by any manner or way whatsoever or of what nature kind or quality soever [x] not herein before given or devised I give devise and bequeath the same and every part thereof unto my dear and loving wife Jane Martha Rondeau her executors administrators and assignes [xi]forever or according to my Estate and Interest therein and I do hereby make name Ordain constitute and appoint my said wife Jane Martha Rondeau the said Henry Guinand and Peter De la Neufoe Marson to be executors of this my last Will and Testament and lastly I do hereby revoke disanull [xii]and make void all former and other Wills and Testaments by me at any time heretofore made and declare this only to be my last Will and Testament In Witness whereof I the said John Rondeau the Testator [xiii]have to this my last Will and testament contained in one skin of Parchment sett mu hand and seal this five and twentieth Day of March in the Eighth Year of the Reign of Our Sovereign Lord George the second by the Grace of God of Great Britain FFrance and Ireland King Defender of the FFaith and in the Year of Our Lord One thousand seven hundred and thirty five
./.The mark of John Rondeau./.
Signed Sealed Published Declared and Delivered by the Testator as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us whose names are subscribed as Witnesses hereto and attested in the presence and at the request of the Testator
./ John Cock Jno Cock Jun [L Lonndes CP] to [Mr] Cork Tallow Chand[ler]s Hall Dowgate Hill ./

June 14th 1740. I the above named John Rondeau the Testator do hearby as a Codicill to my above written Will Revoke & make void the nomination and appointment of Henry Guinand and Peter De la Neufoe Marson to be joint executors of my above Will with my loving Wife Jane Martha Rondeau and I do hereby make name constitute and appoint my said Wife Jane Martha Rondeau to be sole Executrix [xiv]of my above written Will In Witness whereof I the said John Rondeau the Testator have hereunto sett my hand and seal the Day and year last above written
./. The mark of John Rondeau./.
Signed Sealed Published and Declared by the said John Rondeau the Testator as a Codicill to the above written Will in the presence of us who have attested the same in his presence and at his request
James Duury Alexander Cachet Jno Cock./

This Will was proved at London with a codicil annexed On the fourteenth Day of June in the year of Our Lord One thousand seven hundred and fforty before the Worshipfull Charles Pinfold the Younger Doctor of Laws and Surrogate of the Knight Worshipfull John Bettesworth Doctor of laws Master or Commissary of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted by the oath of Jane Martha Rondeau widow the relict of the deceased and sole Executrix named in the said Codicill To whom admton [xv]was granted of all and singular the Goods Chattells and Credits of the said deceased She being first sworn well and Duly to administer the same./. Ex


[i] Viz. is usually read aloud as "that is", "namely", or "to wit"
[ii] Imprimis – in the first place - used to introduce a list of items or considerations
[iii] Neuve Maison
[iv] Devise – The act of transmitting or giving real property by will
[v] Moiety – a share or portion; one of two equal parts; one of two approximately equal parts
[vi]Messuage – a dwelling house together with its outbuildings, curtilage, and the adjacent land appropriated to its use
[vii] Rest, residue and remainder – the leftover bits of one’s estate
[viii]Rents, issues and profits – the total wealth or profit either gross or net after the satisfaction of reasonable expenses arising from the ownership or possession of property
[ix]Intituled – To entitle
[x] Soever – At all; in any way
[xi]Assignes – a person appointed to act for another
[xii]Disannul – Annul or cancel
[xiii]Testator – a person who dies leaving a will or testament in force
[xiv]Executrix – a person named by a maker of a will, or nominated by the testator, to carry out the directions of the will
[xv] Admton – administration

No comments:

Post a Comment